Core Values are the roots for any solid personal or business growth, whether they are well defined or remain an abstract concept.
What do Core Values tell you about a person or an organization? They reveal the motivation behind any actions or products, etc. that the public sees. They are the foundation from which healthy growth can spring.
So, what are the Core Values at The Banyan Odyssey, you ask? We have 9 things that we focus on during camp to help intentionally train our young people so that they grow to be productive and involved members of our community!
So, without further ado, here are the Core Values of The Banyan Odyssey, Inc.
- We aim to always think highly of others and treat them as such; have good manners and settle conflicts swiftly.
- We are all important – what you do matters! It’s time to step up and do your part.
- The responsible thing to do is to do what you can for yourself and not wait for others to do things for you. This way, you can continue to grow and try new things!
- We expect this from others, but it’s hard sometimes to show compassion! We should show others mercy and grace – help them out when they are having a hard time!
- Honesty is the best policy! It’s very important to be truthful, that way, people know that they can trust your words!
- Never give up! No matter what happens, it’s important to keep going to reach your goals! Don’t get discouraged. Things don’t always happen right away… but hard work brings you to good results!
- We value purity in thought, action and speech. It does little good to speak or think negatively about yourself or others. Protect your mind and heart—consciously filter what influences you.
- Practice Hospitality! It’s important to welcome newcomers and include others in what we are doing. No one likes to be excluded! This is how we practice being hospitable.
- Find a way to productively give back to the community and those around you. You can have a big impact on those around you! Be an influence for good!